Save from as low as €40 per month
Change modify pause
Markets are called to open flat this morning. This is what's happening today:
• Verizon Said Near $130b Deal for Vodafone Wireless Venture Stake
• German Inflation Probably Slowed in Aug. as Euro Area Recovers
• Asia Stocks Rise From 2-Mo. Low as Energy Shares Gain
• Danske Says ‘Huge’ Trading Gain Provokes Reprimand
• U.S., Swiss Said to Reach Deal in Offshore Tax Evasion Probe
• Schaeuble In No Rush to Sell Commerzbank Stake as Shares Wilt
• SocGen Can Reach 4% Leverage Ratio by Cutting Cash, Oudea Says
• Nokia Chief Elop Is Top Gambling Pick to Be Next Microsoft CEO
• Abengoa Aims to Raise EU1.5 Bln in Cash in Next 18 Months
• Cucinelli 1H Ebitda Up 20%, Sees 2013 Double-Digit Rev. Growth
• Eiffage 1H Net Income Up 14% to EU58 Mln; Confirms 2013 Outlook
• Gildemeister to Start Rights Offer, Changes Subscription Ratio
• Serco Refers Alleged Misreporting of Data to London Police
• K+S’s Potash Heritage Under Threat as Investors Question Mine
• Syria Confrontation Widens Rift With Russia as U.S., U.K. Push for Action
• Schaeuble Says Spain Exports Show Merkel Formula Working
Companies reporting results today:
• Baloise (BALN VX) 7am, 1H adj. net CHF230.8m
• Carrefour (CA FP) 7am, 1H adj. net EU267.5m, conf. call on LIVE <GO>
• Pernod (RI FP) 7:30am, FY adj. EPS EU4.79
• Vienna Insurance (VIG AV) 8am, 2Q adj. net EU96m
• Admiral (ADM LN) 8am, 1H adj. EPS GBP0.49
• Evraz (EVR LN) 8am, 1H adj. net loss $127m
• Melrose (MRO LN) 8am, 1H
• Petropavlovsk (POG LN) 8am, 1H adj. net loss $163.8m
• WPP (WPP LN) 8am, 1H adj. EPS GBP0.29, conf. call on LIVE <GO>
• Serco (SRP LN) 8am, 1H adj. EPS GBP0.18
• Hunting (HTG LN) 8am, 1H
• Hays (HAS LN) 8am, FY adj. EPS GBP0.05
• Essilor (EI FP) 9am, 1H adj. net EU317.6m
• Lagardere (MMB FP) 5:45pm, 1H rev. EU3.45b (2 est.)
• ACS (ACS SM) post-mkt, 1H GAAP net EU348.5m
• L’Oreal (OR FP) post-mkt, 1H adj. EPS EU2.89
• Zhaikmunai (ZKM LI) 1H adj. net $110.5m (2 est.)
• OCI (OCI NA) FY adj. EPS EU0.86
• ThromboGenics (THR BB) 1H adj. EPS EU2.01
• Ferragamo (SFER IM) 1H adj. net EU67m
The rift between Russia and western nations over Syria widened as the U.S. and the U.K. said they were ready to lead a military strike against Syria without United Nations approval.
U.S. President Barack Obama and U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron confront a decision whether to attack Syria without a UN mandate amid Russian resistance, demands for consultation from lawmakers at home and domestic opposition to involvement in another conflict in the Middle East.
Obama additionally is facing declining public approval ratings and the prospect of a partisan fight with Congress in the coming weeks over funding government operations and increasing the federal debt limit.
Stock to watch: Vivendi
Vivendi SA, Europe’s largest media-o-telecommunications company, cut the full-year forecasts for ts two biggest divisions after reporting a decline in revenue or the second quarter.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and mortization at mobile-phone division SFR will be 2.8 billion uros ($3.7 billion) this year, instead of 2.9 billion euros
redicted earlier, Paris-based Vivendi said today in a tatement. Earnings prediction for pay-TV provider Canal Plus as cut to 650 million euros from 670 million euros. Vivendi’s otal second-quarter sales dropped 0.5 percent to 5.43 billion uros, while net income rose 7.5 percent to 501 million euros.
Good day and happy trading!
You are signing up to receive news, updates, general market announcement, articles and product or service marketing. By signing up you are consenting