Save from as low as €40 per month
Change modify pause
Markets are called to open flat this morning. Asian stocks fell and the yen strengthened before U.S. jobs data that may bolster the case for the Federal Reserve to pare stimulus. Ten-year Treasury yields topped 3 percent for the first time in two years, copper advanced, while European index futures were little changed.
Stock to watch: Lloyds
A sale of the U.K.’s stake in Lloyds anking Group Plc is facing mounting hurdles as the U.S. debates ttacking Syria and the Federal Reserve weighs slowing monetary
timulus, three people with knowledge of the discussions said.
The U.K. Treasury, which had been preparing to sell as much s 5 billion pounds ($7.8 billion) of shares in the bailed-out ender as soon as this month, is reluctant to go ahead as ensions in the Middle East threaten to destabilize markets, aid two of the people, who asked not to be identified because he talks are private. No final decision on the timing of the ale has been made, the people said.
WHAT TO WATCH:
• G-20 Wrangles Over Stimulus Exit
• Asian Stocks Decline on U.S. Economic Data
• Telecom Italia Said to Mull Owners Change Amid Investor Search
• Cypriot Lawmakers Approve Legislation Needed For Bailout Loan
• TMG Sells Stake in ProSiebenSat.1 Media
• Obama’s Timing for Syria Action Delayed by Reluctance at Home and Abroad
EARNINGS All times CET, estimates where available:
• Air France-KLM (AF FP) 8am, Aug. traffic
• Sthree (STHR LN) 8am, 3Q IMS
Good day and happy trading!
You are signing up to receive news, updates, general market announcement, articles and product or service marketing. By signing up you are consenting