Save from as low as €40 per month
Change modify pause
Markets are called to open higher this morning. Growth in Germany and France, Europe’s two largest economies, beat economists’ estimates in the fourth quarter in a sign the fragile euro-area recovery is gaining traction.
Stock to watch: ThyssenKrupp Reports Quarterly Profit That Exceeds Estimates
ThyssenKrupp AG, Germany’s largest steelmaker, reported earnings that beat analysts’ estimates as revenue from non-steel businesses increased and losses from its
Steel Americas unit narrowed.
Adjusted earnings from continuing operations before interest and taxes more than doubled to 247 million euros ($338 million) in the fiscal first quarter ended in December, exceeding the 218.7 million-euro average of 10 estimates compiled by Bloomberg. The net loss for the quarter widened to 69 million euros from 16 million a year earlier, the Essen-based company said in a statement today.
WHAT TO WATCH:
• Danske Price Fixing Probe Fuels Political Call for Tougher Rules
• JPMorgan Shuffles German Team as Altenburg Joins Deutsche Bank
• Croatia Rating Outlook Revised to Negative at Fitch
• Credit Suisse Sells Its Largest Structured Note in Four Years
• BNP Paribas Being Probed by New York Investigators: WSJ
• Lar Espana Real Estate Socimi Plans Spain’s First IPO Since 2011
• Deutsche Telekom Seeks to Dominate East European Markets by 2018
• Unipetrol Rebuffs Investor Dividend Demands as Losses Persist
• GDF Says Long-Term Gas Deals Must Be More Flexible to Survive
• J. Martins Isn’t Losing Mkt Share in Poland, Remains Leader: CEO
• U.K. Home Prices Hit Record High Amid London Boom: Acadata
• U.K. Government Owed 22 Billion Pounds in Unpaid Debts: NAO
• Gatwick, Heathrow Must Be More Accountable for Disruptions: CAA
EARNINGS All times CET
• Anglo American (AAL LN) 8am Preview
• ThyssenKrupp (TKA GR) 7:30am, 1Q
• Coca-Cola HBC (CCH LN) 8am
• Eutelsat (ETL FP) 7am, 1H
• GN Store Nord (GN DC) 8am
• Investment AB (KINVB SS) 8am
• Pennon Group (PNN LN) 8am, 3Q sales/IMS
• Schindler Holding (SCHP VX) 6:30am
• Severn Trent (SVT LN) 8am, 3Q sales/IMS
Good day and happy trading!
You are signing up to receive news, updates, general market announcement, articles and product or service marketing. By signing up you are consenting