Save from as low as €40 per month
Change modify pause
markets are called to open flat this morning.
This is what's happening today:
German ZEW investor sentiment rises to more than 4-year high, a survey shows. OECD publishes global growth forecasts. Norway’s 3Q mainland economic growth
accelerates, according to economists. Policymakers from ECB and Riksbank speak. U.K. sells bonds. Spain, Switzerland, ESM to sell bills. EasyJet reports earnings.
Stock to watch: EasyJet
EasyJet Plc, Europe’s second-biggest discount carrier, said full-year profit increased 51 percent as it adds more corporate and leisure customers on routes where network carriers are withdrawing.
Pretax profit for the 12 months to Sept. 30 rose to 478 million pounds ($770 million) from 317 million pounds a year earlier, Luton, England-based EasyJet said today. That compares with the 476 million-pound average estimate of 21 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.
EasyJet is intensifying efforts to win business passengers with allocated seats, flexible tickets, fast-tracking and higher frequencies on key routes. While cuts at former flag carriers helped lure 10 million corporate travelers in 2012, it may face a tougher time this the winter as discount competitors led Ryanair Holdings Plc and Vueling of Spain chase market share.
WHAT TO WATCH:
• Swiss Re to Buy $334m Sul America Stake as ING Retreats
• Portugal to Raise at Least EU430m From CTT Sale
• Yen Strengthens as Chinese Stocks Extend Advances
• U.K. Regulators Said to Probe Traders’ Personal Currency Dealing
• Rio Tinto Sells $328m Stake in Netherlands’ Constellium
• KBC Holders Cera, KBC Ancora Trim Stake to Cut Shareholder Loans
• Tesco’s Fresh & Easy Gets No Bids to Rival Yucaipa Offer
• Danes Vote in Local Elections Overshadowed by Expense Scandal
EARNINGS All times CET, estimates where available
• EasyJet (EZJ LN) 8am, FY pretax GBP476.1m. Preview
• Wirecard (WDI GR) 8am, 3Q GAAP EPS EU0.21
• Topdanmark (TOP DC) noon, 3Q adj. net DKK403.7m
• ITV (ITV LN) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS. Preview
• Smiths (SMIN LN) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS
• Halma (HLMA LN) TBD, 1H adj EPS GBP0.13 (1 est.)
• AMEC (AMEC LN) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS
• Intertek (ITRK LN) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS
• Paddy Power (PWL ID) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS
• IG Group (IGG LN) 8am, 2Q sales, trading
• Melrose (MRO LN) 8am, 3Q sales, IMS
• Sixt (SIX2 GR) 7:30am, 3Q pretax profit EU46.3m
Good day and happy trading!
You are signing up to receive news, updates, general market announcement, articles and product or service marketing. By signing up you are consenting